Your wedding celebrant, helps you confirm your union of love, respect and commitment publicly to your closest family and friends. You’re able to show them what your relationship means to you.
Ideally, you desire an alternative ceremony. A tailored marriage service or a celebration of love party that suits your individual wishes and includes loved ones. Such an event resembles your distinctive character, lifestyle, upbringing and taste.
So, you need a celebrant to conduct your nuptials. Or to act as your master of ceremonies and officiate the proceedings. On top of that, a bespoke wedding (ceremonial occasion) with a modern spin creates a special feel that resonates with your strong values and standards. Most importantly compliments your personality.
What will your ceremony be like?
The commitment ceremony or matrimony combines your promise, friendship and trust for each other. By showing off you’re love this mirrors your personal statement. Furthermore, your guests benefit from the shared experience. And you receive congratulations and adulation’s from everyone. In all honesty you unite loved ones by involving a select few people to your ideal wedding setting. Specifically you’ll create precious memories that last a lifetime.
How long will the wedding ceremony be?
Primarily, your wedding can be quick, short and sweet. Depending on which of the 10 key steps you choose (see below), your ceremony will range between 20 – 45 minutes. Secondly, the question is, how do you design a celebration of love party that is pillars apart from others? Well, it’s not difficult; as your alternative celebrant, with a difference I’ll arrange that for you.
In fact, together we can symbolize the significant transition of your life with a fun, easy and sentimental symbolic ceremony. What’s more, make the milestone extra special for you and your loved ones; with your own choice of romantic and authentic wedding songs. They can be sung live. Alternatively, you provide me with the CD. And I’ll play the music tracks over my P.A. system during the ceremony. As well as that, you can integrate a bridal party moment when loved ones say or sing “We Do”.
Your alternative celebrant and what will happen on the day?
1. Your arrival: First of all is your entrance – walking up the aisle (individually, together or escorted). You play your favorite processional song. And thereafter you may stand or be seated.
2. The introduction: Secondly, the celebrant interacts spontaneously with you and your guests. Above all greets and welcomes your family and special friends on your behalf to the venue.
3. Words about love & friendship: Thirdly, the celebrant is able to recite love poems, a prayer, give a blessing, or read a non-religious scripture. A wedding reading from the bible can be included on request. Please contact me directly to discuss the verses.
4. The meaning of marriage: Your personalised ceremony speech is delivered and contains important details about your unconditional love for one another, shared values and your hopes for the future.
5. Wedding vows – yes I do: You express your declaration of love, devotion, intent and promise in your wedding vows. Family and friends can also say; “we do” during this moment of confirmation.
6. Your confirmation: Thereafter, you and your witnesses sign a wedding certificate (symbolic) that declares you are married. Music can be played.
7. Rings, hand-fasting or other token of love: Next you can exchange your rings, hold a hand-fasting ceremony, blending of sands ritual, unity candle or give another token of your love.
8. The kiss: After that, you kiss. And this seals the ceremony of love plus confirms the joining of 2 families.
9. The words of well-wishes: You stand and receive a symbolic marriage certificate. Thereafter wedding words of wisdom are read. And a parting speech from the celebrant makes the wedding complete.
10. Closing and departure: Finally, you leave the venue and walk down aisle as happy newly weds together. Love ones follow as you walk along to your recessional song.
What are the possibilities for your wedding ceremony?
Let’s face it, your big day happens only once. This means an exclusive wedding concept is required to meet your needs, venue and schedule. To fit your requirements, I’ll work with you, to layout a bespoke wedding speech and custom-made ceremony program.
We are so grateful that you were our wedding celebrant at the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam…it was just meant to be and you were incredible! Robin, myself and our parents were so impressed by how natural it all felt, like you had been in our lives before. Your delivery was perfect and couldn’t be more fitting. Thanks again, you saved our day.
— Mr. and Mrs. Janse, Turks & Caicos Islands
Basically, I’m excited to begin, then you can focus on the good stuff. Let’s plan your stress-free wedding. And a personalised script with or without live music for your important day so that it feels and sounds like you.
As a result, you’ll kick-start the joyous celebrations at one of the best weddings of the year. Your ceremony will not break your budget. Contact me today about your next major steps and I’ll talk you through all the options and possibilities.
E-mail: info (at) cloverjean.com
Or call for an informal chat: + 31 (0) 6148 17242
Note – registration of your civil marriage
Ultimately, if you wish for me to preside over your ceremony as BABS buitengewoon ambtenaar van de burgerlijke stand, you must register your civil wedding first. Follow the procedure below:
- Firstly, give notice of your intention to marry at your local registry office.
- Secondly, you obtain your certified marriage license for FREE. Or for a minimum charge of €160.40 (Amsterdam) arrange a simple and basic wedding ceremony, civil union contract or registered partnership.
- Otherwise, submit a request to appoint me as you’re civil marriage officiant (registrar for the day). This means that I will be appointed official BABS. And this will ensure that your marriage is legally valid on your desired wedding day.
- Once you have undertaken the registration formalities (in Holland or abroad) and have had your marriage legally recognised. Or you are awaiting confirmation of the BABS request. Contact me to design an intimate, bespoke wedding or celebration of love ceremony customised to your dreams. Call +31 (0) 6 148 17242