What’s the one common thread that runs through every brides mind on her wedding day? Well, it’s the wedding aisle runner. Although, thrusting you into your partners’ open arms, your big moment might unexpectedly be toppled [usurped] by the escort who hogs the limelight.
“In the days when roads were unpaved, wedding guests would arrive at the church and track in dirt or mud from the streets. It didn’t seem right for the bride to drag the hem of her dress in the mud, so the aisle runner was first used to protect her gown. Today, aisle runners lend a “regal” touch to the ceremony.” Bron: www.theknot.com.
Not only that, your first steps kick start the wedding celebrations. Furthermore, the clincher is your chosen bridal march song adds a touch of romance and elegance to your marriage service. So, here are a few wedding ideas, hints and links to ensure a thrilling entrance and exit. Let’s get your wedding show on the move….
The oldest marriage tradition in the world is for the father to give the bride away. However, you can bestow the task to your mum and with a sophisticated entrance you’ll highlight the importance of your wedding. Therefore, clutch on tight, be happy and act more ladylike. You are the star of your own show and transfixed guests will be left speechless. Of course, you’ll hear…
Down the aisle-
- “Oohs and aahs” from everyone.
- Doesn’t her dress look gorgeous!
- You look absolutely stunning.
Up the aisle-
- Wow, what a cute couple!
- Oh my, I think I’m going to cry
2. Dazzle your guests with a monogrammed wedding aisle runner
So, let your imagination run wild with a joint monogrammed wedding aisle runner. And picture the train on your wedding dress lightly sweeping the carpet as you glide in an assured manner. Your stunning entrance is the start of your happily ever after. That moment captures the true essence of your wedding. Plus….
- Guests are excited as they eagerly wait for you to arrive at the church or venue.
- Your charged aura raises a few eyebrows.
- Dazzle them while you walk towards the altar, accompanied by incidental music.
- Be flirtatious
- Walk with a degree of sophistication
- Snatch the photographer’s attention. Let them take memorable and treasured photo shots of you.
3. Mark an old marriage tradition with a new one
Mark your runway with aisle markers such as pomanders (ball of flowers) or a floral arrangement for the chairs. Compliment your unique runner and add a wow effect factor. All this is happening while your signature song is playing.
- You can walk individually, together or escorted down the aisle
- Delicately glide down the wedding gangway to meet your partner.
- Don’t restrict your movement, walk down the aisle hand-in-hand or arm-in-arm.
Over to you…
Please leave your thoughts in the comment box below. And like and share my Facebook page!